Saturday, April 4, 2015

Why Does Anyone Need More Than One Blog?

I've asked myself that.  I have no idea.  I've always been the type of person to have more than one of any given thing.  Three dogs.  90 pairs of shoes (okay, that's probably an exaggeration, but probably only slightly).  Three bikes.  2 cars.  5 pairs of work shoes to go with 18 pairs of scrubs.  You get the drift.  Why have one when you can have more than one? 

So the premise behind this blog is very simple.  For 10 minutes a day, I write about whatever I want.  It doesn't have to be thoughtful.  It doesn't have to be insightful.  It doesn't even have to make sense.  The idea behind it is to get me to write more, and to write about things that maybe I wouldn't normally write about.  So here is my first post.  A post explaining my first post.  How exciting!

Writing is tough.  If it was easy, everyone would do it.  I guess you could say that about just about anything.  I've always been interested in writing, and given a lot of the positive feedback I've gotten along the way, I've come to the conclusion that maybe I'm a little bit good at it.  Of course, I've never submitted any of my writing to any sort of publishing medium, at which point I'm sure my ideas of my writing prowess would be rendered into an unrecognizable rubble.  But that's all right.  Maybe someday I'll get the balls to submit some of my better stuff.  I have no idea to whom or in what context any of my writing might appeal to anyone outside of those who know me, but you never know.  If every single writer hid behind their fear of rejection, we'd have absolutely nothing to read at all.

So maybe I don't need to be published.  Maybe entertaining my friends and family with my musings on all things from chocolate chip cookies to bathroom habits to why the front of a backpack is actually the back (Simon knows what I'm talking about, even though he doesn't agree with me) is more than enough for right now.

Given the short time limit of 10 minutes (my time is almost up!), this is going to be a struggle for me, as my typical blogs have me spending hours in front of the computer for days on end.  But it'll be nice.  Maybe most of my readers will prefer this length, as a common complaint I used to hear about my blogs is that they're too long.  So here are the short ones.  I hope you enjoy.  And I hope I stick with it.

Cheers!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment